Today we have a very special topic. We’re talking about moving. We live in a very digitized area with a lot of flexibility. A lot of us are actually working from home and some of you may even have the chance or the opportunity to work from basically anywhere in the world. You keep working 8 hours a day and the company will pay you while you are in the comfort of your home.
If you’re looking for a new place to go to and on top of that, get paid for that, what we’re going to do today is to go over a list of cities that are willing to invest in their people.
If you are a real estate investor, not knowing where to go for because most of the properties are rather expensive nowadays, and you’re looking for a decent area, a good area with a good entry point where there’s a lot of incentive for people to move and also incentive for small businesses to move in, and you as a real estate investor to invest in their area.
Why are they doing that? It turns out that the Coronavirus pandemic has seen many Americans relocating out of crowded cities into more open spaces. Even with access to the vaccine, it is possible that many businesses will opt to allow some employees to continue to work remotely in order to save more money on expensive office spaces.
Remote Workers: Choose where to live!
More Americans are finding their ways into freedom and they want to have the option to choose where to live. The key question is how do you choose where to live? There are too many choices.
- Tulsa, Oklahoma: The Tulsa Remote Program is offering new residents, $10,000 and a membership at a co-working space. The program, it’s looking to attract a diverse group of talented professionals across multiple industries to the city.
To be eligible, you have to be at least 18 or older, live outside of Oklahoma, and be able to work remotely, and be able to move to Tulsa within six months. Of course, you also have to be legally able to work in the U S.
- Ozark, Arkansas: The Northwest Arkansas Council is offering remote workers also $10,000 plus a bicycle to move to Benton and Washington Counties. The Council has $1 million to offer to new residents. It aims to attract science, technology, engineering, mathematics and other professionals in the area in order to build a richer long-term talent pipeline.
If you’re looking for new areas to invest, remember you have to tap into these key businesses or these key areas to offer housing available to certain fields. In the case of Oklahoma, they want to attract a diverse group of talented professionals. In Ozark, now you’re realizing that they’re looking to attract scientists, technologists, or anyone within the engineer or mathematics field into these areas.
To be eligible, you have to be at least 24 years old. You have to have at least two years of work experience and be employed full-time, live outside of Arkansas, and be able to relocate within six months. You also need to be a US citizen or legally able to work in the US.
- Savannah, Georgia: What does Georgia have to offer? The Savannah Economic Development Authority is offering to pay tech workers up to $2,000 in moving expenses if they relocate there.
- Topeka, Kansas: Topeka is offering as much as $15,000 to new residents. The program matches employer funds to pay $10,000 to new residents who are renting or $15,000 to new residents who purchase a home in the city.
- Newton, Iowa: The program incentivizes expansion of the local housing inventory. They will pay homebuyers $5,000 for a new single-family home valued between $100,000 and $180,000 or $10,000 for buyers of new homes worth $180,000 or more.
- Hamilton, Ohio: They offer a reverse scholarship worth up to $10,000 for recent graduates who move to the city. The talent attraction program offers the scholarship to graduates of a science, technology, engineering, art, or mathematics program who need help paying off their student loan debt.
- Alaska: Alaska is paying a dividend to state residents every year. While the program isn’t specifically aimed at attracting new residents, most people who move there will be eligible after a year to receive the dividends. The exact amount of the payment varies from year to year.
Places That Pay You to Move There In 2021
- Maine: If you graduated from any college or university in the US from 2016, then Maine has moving opportunities. They offer a tax credit depending on graduation year and a degree type that saves you a lot of money on your student loan.
- Vermont: This state is trying to bring younger residents to their territory. It’s offering financial incentives that focus on remote workers. The Remote Worker Grant offers up to $10,000 in relocation expenses.
North Platte, Nebraska: This state is focusing on economic development. North Platte knows more residents means a stronger economy. That is why they’re matching signing bonuses for new hires of up to $5,000. That extra cash goes far and the city would have an exceptionally low cost of living.
North Platte is your area if you’re looking to maximize your salary or if you are looking for cheap housing.
- Chattanooga, Tennessee: Are you a computer programmer? Then Chattanooga wants you. The city is looking to bolster his tech population. They just need to attract more tech professionals. Their Geek Move Program offers computer developers, $1,250 in relocation expenses and $10,000 forgivable mortgage.
- Lincoln, Kansas: Looking to build your new dream home? You might want to lay your foundation in Lincoln. The city is offering free land for new home builders. This is great for real estate investors. The lots are ranging in size from 12,000 to 35,000 square feet and are offered for free to anyone willing to establish roots in their town.
For those who are looking to relocate anywhere in the State, that’s an useful list. If you’re looking to move internationally, consider other countries like Chile or Switzerland. Chile continues to be one of the safest and most economically stable countries in South America, a low cost of living and a diverse geography are two of the attractions for expats.
Then, Switzerland has decided to pay $25,200 to every adult and $10,000 to every child in the town. This is great if you are looking to change the environment you have been living around these last years.
FREE REAL ESTATE WEBINAR